Re: Upside Down Fu character

From: Andre Schappo <A.Schappo_at_lboro.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:36:36 +0000

On 12 Jan 2012, at 16:54, John H. Jenkins wrote:

Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu 於 2012年1月12日 上午12:13 寫道:

* Three folks think this is rather unnecessary (including me). Some
people go more and say "What about a code point for XXX and YYY?"

Do they have specific XXXs and YYYs in mind?

In general, the process is outlined at http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html. For hanzi, the characters need to be added to UTR #45 first, but I'm going to propose that for both the upside-down fuk1—er, fu, and the upside-down chun, since they have been discussed. UTR #45 lets us track such discussions.

=====
井作恆
John H. Jenkins
jenkins_at_apple.com<mailto:jenkins_at_apple.com>

I have received a request for an upside-down 钱 (=qián = money = U+94B1).

I have talked with a small number of Chinese students about having an upside-down fu character and they were all enthusiastic. I will be talking with more Chinese students next week which is when the new term starts.

John: As you are progressing upside-down fu and chun characters into UTR #45 does this mean that I no longer need to submit a "Proposal Summary Form" for upside-down fu? I have not yet actually started on said form.

André 小山 Schappo