Re: Armenian Eternity Sign (proposal)

From: satai <satai_at_akauri.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:20:02 +0400

> In fact the two characters are being encoded not in Plane 1, but in the
Armenian block.
> I happen to know that some Armenian font foundries are working on early
implementations using the code positions there.

Do you mean their actual codes will be different from U+1F53E and U+1F53F,
specified in M57.13?
> Please do not get worried about "bias" in the international standard.
These are just dingbats.

I am not "worried", I am just trying to understand why keeping national
attribution for a common-use character is so principal, while these symbols
have specific meaning in more than one culture and the proposed name is not
a well-known one.

N3903, section 9.4:
*Mr. Peter Constable: The nature of these symbols is that they are like
Dingbats; the inclination would be not to include them in the Armenian
block, but elsewhere like other common-use symbols.*
*Mr. Michael Everson: As long as the name has Armenian it should be OK...*

Why not to give it a culture-neutral way and define specific attributions
via aliases?

Best regards,
Alex.