Re: OFL (RE: Code2000 on SourceForge)

From: Julian Bradfield <jcb+unicode_at_inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:22:10 GMT

On 2012-02-06, Larson, Timothy E. <TELarson_at_west.com> wrote:
>> FWIW, some of us consider OFL to be non-free (it doesn't allow sale
>> alone), so won't install fonts using it at all.
>
> Could you explain this further? This is the first I've heard of this issue.

Who was the OP?
Anyway, the OFL has a bizarre quirk that says you're not allowed to
sell OFL fonts by themselves. You have to bundle some random program
or non-OFL font with them. Since you can charge whatever you like for
a GPL3 program, this requirement is rather easily satisfied, even if
you can't be bothered to write your own Hello World! program.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.