Re: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 23:11:15 +0200

The "Last-Modified' header of HTTP is not supposed to be translated,
it has a documented format independant of the locale used by the
server, by the browser, or prefered by the user and configured in its
browser settings or in his personnal account of the website.

It is an hidden ***protocol value*** used to know if the page in the
browser cache is still valid or not, so that the browser will only
redownload its content if it does not match.

HTTP headers are NOT part of the UI. But the browser may opt to
display them in a translated form, as part of the browser UI itself,
but not part of the page content. Such translation will not originate
from the server itself, but directly from the browser's local settings
for its UI.