Re: right-to-left reading direction

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 23:26:11 +0200

Use the standard Unicode embedding levels :
* in CSS for example, you can embed the Hebrew words within a span of
text styled with "unicode-bidi:embed". This is the best option for
rich text formatting (in HTML or SVG for example).
* if your text must be plain text, you'll need to use format controls
(but the situation for now is complex: use RLE and PDF around the
Hebrew word to embed in your English text (note that RLE is an
embedding but is not strictly equivalent to "unicode-bidi:embed" only,
as it also sets the default direction to RTL to be used for the first
characters found in the embedded text, as if there was also a CSS
"text-direction:rtl"; this can make a difference if the embedded text
starts with characters with contextual direction, notably mirrored
punctuations and symbols).