Encoding of Numbers Composed of Decimal Digits (General Category of Nd)

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:18:00 +0100

Is it anywhere stated as policy that numbers written by a string of
decimal digits will be encoded with the most significant digit first in
storage order? I couldn't find it stated anywhere.

As positional notation only seems to have been invented and propagated
once or twice (Babylonian and Indian inventions), it is perhaps not
surprising that almost all decimal positional systems have the most
significant digit on the left, and so the digits have Bidi classes EN,
AN or L. The one exception is the N'ko script, and consequently its
digits have the Bidi class R. (I can't guarantee that this is the
reason that led to their Bidi class.)

Richard.