Re: [indic] Indic support in Photoshop CS6 version

From: N. Ganesan <naa.ganesan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:33:40 -0700

Also, see:
http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/article3349487.ece

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Pavanaja U B <pavanaja_at_vishvakannada.com>wrote:

> I have the same question. I asked it to Adobe India in Facebook. It has
> not been answered so far, which means it does not exist still.****
>
> ** **
>
> -Pavanaja ****

Ms. Pavanaja,

This answer I got from Adobe.
"We are not supporting Indic languages in Photoshop CS6. Still if you
restart the Photoshop with “Middle Eastern Text Engine” ( can be set from
Preference/Type ) you might get some basic layout support.

Still work need to be done to have the full support."

Hope in the Next version, Adobe provides:
(a) Photoshop support for Indic scripts
(b) Acrobat write gives the facility to extract Indic text (Malayalam,
tamil, etc.,
that have 2-part vowel signs have particular difficulty) from PDFs.

If enough people individually and as Indican associations write
to Shantanu Narayan, President & CEO,