Re: CaseFirst and CaseLevel Tailorings of UCA and LDML

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 02:52:39 +0100

On Wed, 23 May 2012 17:47:09 -0700
Markus Scherer <markus.icu_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Richard Wordingham <
> richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:

> The order of code points and contractions as listed in
> FractionalUCA.txt and allkeys.txt should be the same, except for
> intended differences. So if you remove comments and anything after a
> semicolon and ignore white space, then a simple file diff should show
> the ordering differences.

That shouldn't be expected to pick up a change to make 006C+00B7 collate
like 006C 02B2! (It may, because the notation used is different, and I
think this does affect the arrangement of the data.) I think it also
wouldn't pick up a correction of U+A7F8 from plain superscript to
uppercase superscript, though that would only change a parametrically
tailored collation - and that's a type of change I'd overlooked.

> Also, I just saw that
> http://www.unicode.org/Public/UCA/latest/CollationAuxiliary.zipcontains
> allkeys_CLDR.txt which should correspond 1:1 with the
> FractionalUCA*.txt in the same .zip file.

allkeys_CLDR.txt only shows casing if it truly derives from the
tertiary weight, and from the tertiary weight alone.

Richard.