Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 01:52:19 +0100

Get over it. Please just get over it. It doesn't matter. It's a blort.

There are many blorts. I've discovered some working with Unifon. I haven't exactly had much support from the UTC with what I've discovered. I've found the usual posturing about possible unifications with other scripts.

I went in saying, well, we could do this like Lisu, which none of you will like. And that was true eniough. So I did it the unification way as was agreeed one UTC, but then I get push-back about the encoding model and isn't the script dead and more of that.

None of that helps me to a practical way to use the UCS to publish Unifon texts, in paper form or in eBook form.

That's a whole hell of a lot more aggravating than a currency sign. At least to me.