Re: Plese add a Chinese Hanzi

From: John H. Jenkins <jenkins_at_apple.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 12:54:13 -0600

On 2012年5月28日, at 上午10:21, Charlie Ruland <ruland_at_luckymail.com> wrote:

> Zhao,
> 1. If the character 鱼⿰丹 that you would like to have encoded is a contemporary Standard Chinese word or morpheme, then what is its pronunciation?

FWIW, the correct syntax is ⿰鱼丹. I take it that he would also like ⿰魚丹.

> 2. Can you provide material (for example photos, scans from books, etc.) that clearly shows that 鱼⿰丹 is used as a single character? By which group of people is it used?

Exactly. *No* hanzi will be added to Unicode/ISO 10646 without solid evidence of actual use. Generally, this means authoritative, printed materials (a dictionary, government ID). Handwritten materials could conceivably be used, but they would have to be awfully convincing. Well-known websites with the character embedded *as a graphic* has been used as a past, but in those cases the character was quite well-known.

> Charlie
>
> * shi zhao <shizhao_at_gmail.com> [2012-05-28 17:07]:
>> PS:
>> zh-hans: 鱼+丹
>> zh-hant: 魚+丹
>>

>> 2012/5/28 shi zhao <shizhao_at_gmail.com>
>> Plese add a Hanzi to Unihan: a fish name 鱼+丹 = Danio.
>>
>> see:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danio
>> https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:%28%E9%AD%9A%E4%B8%B9%29%E5%B1%AC
>> http://www.cnffd.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=3_11_64_284