Re: Tags and future new technologies (from RE: Flag tags (was: Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign))

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:55:55 +0200

2012/6/1 Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>:
> My opinion is that, while a font may include glyphs for tag characters,
> that is not the normal use case for tag characters.

I have exactly the same position about glyphs found in fonts for any
format controls. They are not intended to be rendered, except in very
specific technical contexts, or using some fallback mechanism if their
intended function is not supported or implemented, and one wants to
still be able to edits texts containing them (using a "visible
controls" edit mode).