Unicode 6.2 Beta Review

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:35:28 -0700

Mountain View, CA, USA -- June 1, 2012

The Unicode® Consortium today announced the start of beta review for the
forthcoming Unicode 6.2.0. All beta feedback must be submitted by July
23, 2012.

Unicode is the foundation for all modern software and communications
around the world, including all modern operating systems, browsers, and
smart phones; modern web protocols (HTML, XML,...); and
internationalized domain names. Thus it is important to ensure a smooth
transition to each new version of the Unicode Standard. Software
developers and other experts are strongly encouraged to review the beta
data files and documentation for Unicode 6.2.0 carefully, and to provide
any feedback regarding errors or other issues to the Unicode Consortium.
Software developers can also get an early start in testing their
programs with the beta data files so they will be ready for the release
of Unicode 6.2.0 in September 2012.

• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta-6.2.0.html, for information
about testing the 6.2.0 beta.
• See http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/ for the current
draft summary of Unicode 6.2.0.

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements