Re: [OT] Flag coding (was: Re: Tags and future new technologies [...])

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 07:39:27 -0700

On 6/2/2012 2:22 AM, Philippe Verdy wrote:
> 2012/6/2 William_J_G Overington<wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>:
>> An interesting spin-off could be that the introduction of such an encoding could lead to the introduction of chromatic font technology by industry.
> I've been waiting for long for fonts embedding colorful glyphs (that
> also contain enough information for rendering the embedded colors with
> monochromatic patterns, also encoded in the font as a property of its
> internal colormap).

While those things might be nice, the fact that this whole
infrastructure doesn't exist is the clearest indication that none of
these are anywhere close to being ready for encoding as characters, let
alone being considered in an encoding *standard*.

They continue to be solutions in search of a problem.

A./