Re: PRI #231: Bidi Parenthesis Algorithm

From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz_at_gnu.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:03:50 +0300

> From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 23:50:22 +0200
>
> Great. I really hope that all major web browsers being updated to
> implement it in their renderers.

Maybe I'm missing something, because I don't see why this is such a
big deal. The heuristics is fragile and can be easily defeated by
many text patterns that happen in real life. Then we will still have
the broken display we have today. True, we don't lose anything, but
think about the labor that should go into implementing this algorithm,
updating the software, etc. Is it really worth the hassle? Am I
missing something?