Re: Mandombe

From: Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 00:07:16 +0200

Le 08/06/12 23:15, Markus Scherer a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Jean-François Colson <jf_at_colson.eu
> <mailto:jf_at_colson.eu>> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> In the French Wikipedia article about Mandombe
> (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandombe) I read: “Un dossier de
> demande d'encodage de l'écriture Mandombe a été introduit à
> l'Unicode au mois de décembre 2010. Ce dossier a été discuté à la
> réunion du Comité technique de l'Unicode au début du mois de
> février 2011.” which I would translate as “A Mandombe script
> encoding request dossier was introduced at Unicode in December
> 2010. That dossier was discussed at the Unicode technical
> committee meeting at the beginning of February 2011.”
>
> Does anybody have informations about that “dossier”?
>
> Is it available anywhere on the web?
>

> In the Unicode members documents area I found document L2/11-053
> "Proposal to add the Mandombe Script".

Well. What decision has been made? Has it been accepted? Rejected? For
ever or till more information is provided?

> I suggest you contact Unicode <http://www.unicode.org/contacts.html>
> for a copy.

I’ve asked a copy. But, if you have access to that document, couldn’t
you send me a copy yourself?

Are you compelled to keep it secret until it is officially accepted or
rejected by Unicode?