Re: Mandombe

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:14:49 +0200

2012/6/9 Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>:
> People may make claims all they want, but it's a question of whether such
> claims are enforceable.

But it's not up to us to test it. There's just a proposal by someone
that also claims copyright and patents at the same time in the same
document.

If the displayed facsimile of these registrations are correct and
conform, it's not in ISO or in UTC that we will test it. If someone
thinks that these claims are incorrect, you'll have to use the legal
procedures to the offices where these registrations were accepted. Ans
as long as they are deemed valid (i.e. not proven incorrect and
illegitimate), the claims are enforceable.

Given the time since when they are registered, it will be hard (and
costly) to prove that the registrations are invalid, and this will be
true as well for the claims (about the invention).

We have no other choice than to request a formal licence from that
author, which is compatible with the UCS standards defended by ISO and
TUC, i.e. the ISO/IEC 10646 standard and TUS.

So the encoding is blocked for good reasons at the first step.

Then it will be to the author to prove its use in a sizable community
and not just in books all covered by a single user copyright.