Re: Are Named sequences always going to be graphemes?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:36:29 -0700

On 6/21/2012 2:56 AM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Asmus Freytag<asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> But the point is not just the sequence, but also the name for it. What do
>> you propose?
> Well I couldn't propose a name conforming to the naming rules without
> revealing what was munged up, could I? :-)

<U+.....> PERSONAL VANITY-1

would be a perfectly acceptable definition of a named sequence. While
there is a strong preference to build sequence names from combination of
character names, this is not an absolute requirement and could even be
considered inappropriate in some circumstances.

(I'm using <U+...> to stand in for the actual sequence definition
appropriate for each of the examples in this message).

A more likely version

<U+.....> LATIN LETTER CAPITAL S FOLLOWED BY LATIN LETTERS SMALL H R I R
A M N A

gives the game away but would even have correct casing for a proper name.

Here's one that's been long overdue in the standard.

<U+....> MARK D A V I S :) :) ;)

(incidentally, it would be equivalent to the more pithy <U+ ....> MARK
DAVIS as spaces are ignored in character names... )

A./