Re: Unicode Core

From: Ken Whistler <kenw_at_sybase.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:11:38 -0700

On 6/22/2012 3:55 PM, John H. Jenkins wrote:
>> Wait a minute. Isn't 6.2 just adding the Turkish Lira? Does that really take
>> > the chart people more than about 10 minutes?
>> >
> The only *character* change is the Turkish lira. There are numerous updates to UAXes and other parts of the documentation.

And for "the chart people" the problem is that a non-zero (actually
substantial)
number of the Han fonts and the glyphs therein have changed, and any
time one touches *any* of the Han fonts, it takes more than 10 minutes
just to screw up the courage to *start* the chart generation. ;-)

The change control for the Han fonts, now that we are generating
multi-column
charts, based on fonts being provided by multiple different national bodies,
verges on nightmarish.

--Ken