Proposed updates for Unicode Collation and IDNA

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:54:10 -0700

The proposed update of UTS#10 Unicode Collation Algorithm (UCA) modifies
the specification for certain edge cases (overlapping contractions), and
tightens the requirements for well-formed collation element tables. The
detailed descriptions of parametric tailoring options have been removed,
and now refer to the corresponding section in LDML
<http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/web/tr35.html#Collation_Settings>.
That section adds new explanations and definitions. There are a number
of improvements, including additional examples, and some rearrangement
of text. See PRI #223 <http://www.unicode.org/review/pri223/>

The data has been updated for the Unicode 6.2 beta review, and the
associated CollationAuxiliary.txt file in CollationAuxiliary.zip
<http://www.unicode.org/Public/UCA/6.2.0/> now includes a description of
the implicit fractional weight generation and the context syntax. For
more details, see Modifications
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/tr10-25.html#Modifications>.

There is also a proposed update of UTS #46 Unicode IDNA Compatibility
Processing. The data has been updated for the Unicode 6.2 beta review,
with minor changes to the text. See PRI #224
<http://www.unicode.org/review/pri224/>

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements