Re: Sinhala naming conventions

From: Naena Guru <naenaguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:11:21 -0500

Michael is right.

For instance, there is no such thing called AL in Singhala. It is baby
babble dropping h from hal. 'hal' means consonant. I leaned the sign as hal
kiriima. AL has been given official status by indifferent technocrats.
Recall that they said there are no Singhala numerals when the books
published from 1800s to 2001 showed them clearly.

A Comprehensive Grammar of the Sinhalese Language by A.M. Gunasekara
(1891) Published by Asian Education Services - New Delahi and Madras India.
හෙළ හොඩියේ වතගොත - පැරණි පොත් සමාගම - 2001
(hela hodiyee vaþagoþa - pærani poþ samaagama - 2001)
SLR 130.00 (about US$ 1.00)

I got down the first book through Alibris.com and I think I emailed or
called for the second one. This second one is all you need as a font maker,
Michael.
Publisher:
Paerani Poth Samaagama
198 Highlevel Road