Re: RE : ASSAMESE AND BENGALI CONTROVERSY IN UNICODE STANDARD ::::: SOLUTIONS

From: Werner LEMBERG <wl_at_gnu.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:19:21 +0200 (CEST)

> Everson:
>
> Nothing has been misrepresented. People can write the Assamese
> language right now, using Unicode. There is no problem to solve.
>
> Reply:
>
> You are adamant in defending your code without bothering to see that
> there is indeed mis-representation causing multiple wrongs to the
> Assamese, please refer to all your replies you had send till now.
> They speak for itself.

Sigh. This doesn't come to an end. Satyakam, please show us a small
*image* of a word which you think is misrepresented in Unicode,
together with an image (from a book, say) which shows a correct
rendering. I don't want to discuss how it gets input in Unicode (or
whatever), I just want to see a misrepresentation, ok? And please use
a font which contains proper Assamese glyph shapes, and you should
tell us the version and name of this font so that others can try to
repeat the issue.

Only then further discussion makes sense.

    Werner