More emoji - (was Re: Too narrowly defined: DIVISION SIGN & COLON)

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:00:37 -0700

On 7/13/2012 6:37 AM, Michael Everson wrote:
> The TeX collection includes things which are not only mathematical symbols. No need to be so dismissive, Asmus.

No need to be so ... - my comment was carefully worded to apply
explicitly to mathematical usage only - and was issued in the context of
a discussion about mathematical symbols. Something as simple as a change
in subject line would have been sufficient to indicate that you were
after the emojis (or whatever) in that list, and that your comments were
not intended to apply to mathematical symbols.

For symbols of a more general sort the symbol list occupies an
interesting territory between a font showing and a character set. The
fact that the macros are individually named at a level accessible to the
end user, pushes it closer to a de-facto character set.

A./