Re: BOM ambiguity?

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:09:28 -0700

> I have seen this documented many times, though I can't say for sure
> that it was in official Unicode literature.
Excellent, so let's have someone state whether it's in the official
Unicode literature.

And independent of whether it is or not, I know that some mention of the
content of this discussion would be useful exactly below the table here
     http://unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#bom4
as, for example, a note stating that a little-endian UTF-16 could
conceivably also start with FF FE 00 00. To clarify to the programmer
one more detail about BOM by itself not being a perfect heuristic.

Stephan