RE: Copyleft

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:48:55 -0700

There was a discussion on this list around May 2000 regarding the
so-called copyleft symbol. There were concerns that it was not really a
symbol with legal standing, like © and ® and ™, but more of a logo,
notably one worn on T-shirts by followers of a sort of social movement.
Eventually it was more or less decided that the combinations with U+20DD
were sufficient.

Obviously, with recent developments in the type of symbols that have
been encoded, the objections expressed in 2000 might no longer apply.

—Doug