UTS #18, Unicode Regular Expressions, Version 15 Released

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:16:05 -0700

Version 15 of UTS #18, Unicode Regular Expressions
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr18/tr18-15.html>has been released by
the Unicode Consortium. Regular expressions are used throughout much of
the world's software for matching and manipulating text. UTS #18
provides the foundation for the handling of Unicode text in those
expressions.

Version 15 is a major revision. Changes include:

* Conformance clauses dealing with non 1:1 equivalences were either
retracted or modified.
* A Level 2 conformance clause for full properties was added.
* New properties, including Name_Alias matching and Script_Extensions,
were added.
* A recommended compact form of Unicode escapes was added: \u{...}.
* There were many clarifications of the text.

See http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr18/tr18-15.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements