Re: No appropriate code point for some Chinese punctuation marks

From: Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny_at_eglug.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:01:51 +0200

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 09:43:29AM -0700, Asmus Freytag wrote:
> Especially in multiscript environment, and those are not that rare,
> really, it's almost impossible to get such unfications to behave
> correctly without explicit font binding. And we all know that
> control of that is elusive in many contexts.

It is a quite possible actually, all needed is a text layout engine that
does automatic script tagging e.g. Pango and, to some extent, Firefox,
and font that provide localised, script-specific punctuation glyphs, and
it should just work even with plain text. I've been doing that with
Arabic and it works rather reliably.

Regards,
 Khaled