Emoticon seen in the wild!

From: Ian Clifton <ian.clifton_at_chem.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:56:51 +0100

I’m sure this is old hat to many, but I’ve just seen my first block
1F600 emoticon used “for real” in an email. The character was U+1F61E
DISAPPOINTED FACE, from the context I believe this had been deliberately
chosen by the email’s author, not a mistake. Unfortunately, as the email
was relayed through a mailing list, I can’t tell what the originating
email system was. Should our reaction be 😃, 😐 or 😱?

--
Ian ◎