Re: A Potentially Useful Property - Last Informative Proposal

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 05:03:03 +0200

You may start by the "Unicode roadmap" page which summarizes the
current proposals.

I think it is enough, and it does not have to become part of the UCD,
not even in an informative part. Exatly because neither the name, nor
the codepoint is fixed (and there are even proposals for which not
even the base block has been determined, the proposed code points are
listed like as in "U+xxx01", and will change several times due to
reorderings, merges, or splits of the proposed characters, because of
the unification process, or removed/delayed due to lack of information
and distinct priorities).

What you'll want is a specialized search engine to look into current
proposals. However not all proposal documents are published (there are
lots of beta documents, or documents with contradictory opinions,
between which nothing has been decided). So the search would given
links to documents with very variable status, including those that
have been rejected or abandonned by their authors.