RE: Why no combining‐character form for U+00F8?

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen <eik_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:32:15 +0300

Although the stroke is not a diacritic, keyboard drivers can be made to generate atomic characters with stroke by using a dead letter key for stroke together with the base character. The Finnish keyboard layout standard SFS 5966 works in this manner for O (for e.g., Danish), L (Polish), H (Maltese), D (Northern Sámi), T (Northern Sámi), and G (Skolt Sámi).

Sincerely,
Erkki I. Kolehmainen