Announcing The Unicode Standard, Version 6.2

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:06:33 -0700

Version 6.2 of the Unicode Standard is now available. This version adds
only a single character, the newly adopted Turkish Lira sign; however,
the properties and behaviors for many other characters have been
adjusted. Emoji and pictographic symbols now have significantly improved
line-breaking, word-breaking and grapheme cluster behaviors. The script
categorizations for some characters are improved and better documented.

The Unicode Collation Algorithm has been greatly enhanced for Version
6.2, with a major overhaul of its documentation. There have also been
significant changes to the collation weight tables, including improved
handling of tertiary weights for characters with decompositions, and
changed weights for some pictographic symbols.

The newly encoded Turkish Lira sign, like other currency symbols, is
expected to be heavily used in its target environment. The Unicode
Consortium accelerated the release of Unicode 6.2, to accommodate the
urgent need for this character.

For more details of this release, see
http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/.

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements