Windows logo

From: stas <stas624-uni_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:30:25 -0800 (PST)

Now Wingdings are proposed (n4384), but Windows logo is rejected. It seems strange to me because I saw it in running text more frequently than most other symbols from Wingdings set (e.g. in manuals to describe key combinations). In n4102 (Principles for Allocation ...) it's said that one of criterions that weaken the case for encoding is "the symbol is trademarked (unless encoding is requested by the owner)". So my question is: Does Microsoft really opposes encoding it? Maybe MS agree to encode it because the picture from Wingdings is obsolete and because the symbol is used in running text? If there are people from MS here, tell what you think.