Re: Missing geometric shapes (vertical text)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:18:55 -0700

Jean-François Colson <jf at colson dot eu> wrote:

> I wonder whether similar half-filled stars would be required for
> vertically written text.
> Would a star black above, white below, be required for vertically
> written Japanese, Mongolian, Sutton, Tangut, Phags-pa, etc.?
> Would a star white above, black below, be required for Batak and
> Hanuno’o?

I would hope this sort of usage would be proposed based on attested
examples, not speculation.

The Japanese example should not be too hard to find, and if it is, that
probably says something about the urgency of the problem.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­