Re: Caret

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:08:33 -0800

On 11/13/2012 11:12 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
>> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:56:08 +0100
>>
>> I don't think so, the two carets, in the "rare" cases where they may
>> appear, are indicating the two positions where text expansion will appear,
>> but they assume you'll be still in he same context as the *existing*
>> previous and/or next character, they cannot infer other contexts which have
>> still not be created.
> That's your interpretation, but it isn't mine.

I think it's safe to say it's an interpretation not widely shared among
people actually implementing bidi text editing.

When you start a discussion by re-interpreting everything, like Phillipe
appears to have done here, it's hard to see what it adds to the common
fond of knowledge, because all the problems are defined away.

A./