Re: UTF-8 isn't the default for HTML (was: xkcd: LTR)

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:26:28 +0100

You're wrong. XHTML1 is integrated in the W3C validator and recognized
automatically.
The document you cite in the XHTML1 specs has just not been updated.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xn--elqus623b.net%2FXKCD%2F1137.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

Anyway this http://www.xn--elqus623b.net/XKCD/1137.html site is actually
using XHTML1.1 (in its strict schema, not a transitional schema)