io9 describes Unicode as one of the 10 most unlikely things influenced by J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 19:33:57 +0000

Well, this was as much a surprise to me as it might to some of you, but io9, a blog that covers science, science fiction, and the future, says that Unicode is one of the top ten most unlikely things that were influenced by Tolkien -- because they'd heard Jackie Kashian's Dork Forest interview with me made in September of this year, and think that I've had a lot of influence on Unicode!

I couldn't be more proud. 😊

See the io9 article at http://io9.com/5966492/10-most-unlikely-things-that-were-shaped-by-jrr-tolkien

Hear the Dork Forest interview at http://tdf.libsyn.com/tdf-ep-138-michael-everson