Re: Character name translations

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:16:47 -0800

There are different use cases, and I think they are getting confused.

1. Present a name for each character, some sort of formal name.
I think this is probably the least useful for average users.

2. Allow searching for characters, eg in a character picker.
Sample use case: search for "dash" (or the equivalent in Georgian) and get
the dashes.

3. Provide disambiguating information about a character (to distinguish
from visually similar characters).
Sample use case: have a hover over a character and show "em dash" vs "en
dash" (or the equivalent in Georgian).

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*
*