Re: Is that character *+A7AC LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SCRIPT G ?

From: Frédéric Grosshans <frederic.grosshans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:07:01 +0100
Le 09/01/2013 17:38, Andreas Stötzner a écrit :
So the actual origin of that ›Capital script G‹ may well have been custom handwriting invention.

The mathematical symbols are too well aligned, and too similar from one equation to the other to be handwritten. Furthermore, some greek letters (not shown in the photos) have an aspect which seems incompatible with handwriting. I really think a more standardized process than handwriting was used. Maybe something stencil based ?

Possibly. Something like that: http://www.creativbay.de/ebay/bilder/a0294.jpg –?

Yes, but I actually don't know. I'd really like to have some idea on those old printing techniques, but I fear we're drifting to off topic subjects...

    Frédéric