Re: Is that character *+A7AC LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SCRIPT G ?

From: Frédéric Grosshans <frederic.grosshans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:21:46 +0100

Le 10/01/2013 11:08, Otto Stolz a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> le 09/01/2013 18:07, Frédéric Grosshans a écrit :
>> Yes, but I actually don't know. I'd really like to have some idea on
>> those old
>> printing techniques, but I fear we're drifting to off topic subjects...
>
> Am 2013-01-09 um 18:16 schrieb Frédéric Grosshans:
>> Actually, the preceding tool combined with
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimeograph would be my best (uninformed)
>> guess.
>
> I’d rather guess, he used this technique:
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_transfer>.
> I have used it myself, in the 70s, to insert all those
> Greek symbols into the formulae in my Dipl.-Phys. thesis.
> It renders much clearer glyphs than the mimeograph
> technique.
I don't think so, because it is a 'real book' (
http://books.google.fr/books/about/La_th%C3%A9orie_des_particules_de_spin_1_2.html?id=3qzvAAAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y
), which was printed in enough exemplars to be available 6 decades later
in several libraries and on sale on internet for a reasonable price.
The Dry_transfer technique do not seem adapted to such publication.

                Frédéric