RE: Normalization rate on the Web

From: Shawn Steele <Shawn.Steele_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:15:49 +0000

I have no idea what the stats are, however some systems generate more NFC and others more NFD. And then some publisher uses NFC systems but an author uses an NFD system, so the pages served end up with a mixture.

I generally recommend using comparisons and index keys that understand NFC/NFD and compare accurately regardless of the form.

-Shawn