Re: Destruction in Timbuktu

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 01:53:29 +0100

We saw in French news that inhabitants in Timbuctu risked there lives
to hide hundreds of books which are now reappearing. Not everything
was destroyed : for a library that was completely burned, with some
books, up to 95% of books have been saved by brave people in their
attics or in garages (who have also hidden precious old wood masks).