Navajo

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:21:46 +0000 (GMT)

The concept of producing text in the Navajo language arose in a thread in a forum recently.

Out of interest in learning I have tried to find out which characters are used for typesetting Navajo using Unicode.

I remembered that the font Source Sans Pro supports Navajo.

http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2012/08/source-sans-pro.html

I have searched on the web and it appears that the Latin alphabet with some extra characters is used for typesetting Navajo. I have found nothing else on this matter thus far.

So, out of interest in expanding my knowledge of typography and in the hope that the thread might interest some other people, I am starting this thread in this mailing list.

Could some people who know about Navajo say more about Navajo please?

William Overington