Re: s-j combination in Unicode?

From: Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:37:21 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013 um 21:13 schrieb Jukka K. Korpela:

JKK> 2013-02-13 21:31, Andries Brouwer wrote:

>> I wondered how to code an s-j overstrike combination in Unicode.
>> Attached a photograph of some text containing this combination.

JKK> It looks like something that has not been encoded. The same applies to
JKK> what seems to be an eth (ð) with a stroke ...
JKK> So the question arises: Where is this from? ...

Landsmålsalfabetet (a Swedish dialectology alphabet). See WG2 N3555
http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n3555.pdf

JKK> Is it from printed matter,
JKK> and does it represent some writing system used in other publications as
JKK> well?

The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek (National Library of Bavaria, Munich,
Germany) contains several publications using this alphabet, partially used even
in modern publications. I know that Michael Everson was working on
this subject at one time.

-- Karl