Re: s-j combination in Unicode?

From: Andries Brouwer <aebr_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:59:32 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:13:43PM +0200, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> 2013-02-13 21:31, Andries Brouwer wrote:
>
> >I wondered how to code an s-j overstrike combination in Unicode.
> >Attached a photograph of some text containing this combination.
>
> It looks like something that has not been encoded. The same applies
> to what seems to be an eth (ð) with a stroke, and there is also an
> “o” with ogonek, which can be represented using a combining mark –
> but it’s something that does not seem be in use in any widespread
> writing system.
>
> So the question arises: Where is this from? Is it from printed
> matter, and does it represent some writing system used in other
> publications as well?

Yes, it is from a book in Elfdalian printed in 2000, see
http://www.ljudis.se/juts%20bocker/rattsjin.html
The s-j combination also occurs in the book's title.

I have several texts using this symbol.

Andries

[Concerning the g-slash, r-slash, eth-slash symbols,
they can be coded using U+0337 as g̷ r̷ ð̷.
Concerning the a e i o u y å ä ö with hook (ogonek),
they can be coded using U+0328 when no separate code point exists.]