Re: Navajo

From: Bill Poser <billposer2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:19:41 -0800

I am familiar with written Navajo. The writing system is almost pure ASCII.
The only additional characters needed are combining acute accent for high
tone, combining ogonek for nasalization, and the upper- and lower-case
barred l's for the voiceless lateral fricative. The list below looks
complete assuming that it contains every possible combination of vowel
with the two diacritics. In fact, the list contains some characters not
used for writing Navajo, e.g. z with hachek U+017E. It looks like a few
items not in the standard orthography have crept into PanLex.