Re: s-j combination in Unicode?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 12:00:24 +0200

2013-02-16 11:38, Stephan Stiller wrote:

> (By the way, for those finding the German rule to write "SS"
> unsatisfactory: It's hard to come by an actual minimal pair.

Example: Strauss vs. Strauß. Originally the same name, but two spellings
make them two names that may need to be distinguished from each other.

> And it's
> not like capitalization is otherwise invertible – the capitalization
> bits contain information as well, after all.)

That is correct in general. But for German personal names, I would
expect capitalization to be invertible, provided that “ß” has been
mapped to “ẞ” U+1E9E LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SHARP S.

Yucca