Re: Are there any pre-Unicode 5.2 applications still in existence?

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 21:42:18 +0000

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:54:57 +0000
"Costello, Roger L." <costello_at_mitre.org> wrote:

> Are there any pre-Unicode 5.2 applications still in existence?

Strange question! Unicode 5.2 was released in 2009. Consequently, on
the Ubuntu release I'm running all characters new in Unicode 5.2 are
compared equal (and that nearly bit me - fortunately, the C locale
was good enough for my purpose.). The MS Office I have at home on my
Windows 7 machine is Office XP (i.e. 2002), and at work we use MS
Office 2007 on Windows XP. I supposed it's possible that these versions
have been upgraded to a more recent version of Unicode, but I suspect
it's unlikely.

Richard.