Re: Shaping Hangul text with U+115F and/or U+1160

From: Konstantin Ritt <ritt.ks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:34:06 +0200

Hi Philippe,

thanks for your reply.
I was confused by http://www.unicode.org/faq/unsup_char.html , which states
> All default-ignorable characters should be rendered as completely invisible (and non advancing, i.e. "zero width"), if not explicitly supported in rendering.
Do I understand correctly that, if the choseong filler is used when
there's no leading consonnent before a medial vowel, it should be
rendered as visible; otherwise become non-advancing
(similarly, if the jungseong filler is used to replace a missing
medial or final vowel, it should be rendered as visible; otherwise
become non-advancing) ?
i.e. <U+115F>, or <U+1161, U+1160>, or <U+115F, U+112B> -- should the
fillers be rendered as non-advancing?

regards,
Konstantin