Re: Azerbaijani Manat Symbol

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:11:35 +0200

At the time of my initial submission, I had provided a link to the
Central Bank of Azerbaidjan, and it clearly showed the glyph (plus an
article with the official announcement). That old link is now dead,
but there are many more available images on the web (plus the image
shown on the 100 Manat banknote and the 5 Manat commemorative coin,
which is the only one I can detect on the Central Bank site itself).

I won't create the proposal myself, I don't live in Azerbaijan like
Rustam Aliyev who wrote me for help. You should also see why his own
initial mail to this list did not pass through. He will certainly
provide more examples if needed (notably to get a a good quality image
showing the official glyph with all its details, even if there may
already exist variant forms displayed on ads). The representative
glyph is needed for the encoding proposal.