Re: A research idea for entering characters

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 19:07:43 +0530

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM, William_J_G Overington <
wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

> I am wondering whether the idea could have practical application for
> entering some characters that are not available on keyboards.

Um I confess I haven't read your High Logic post in any detail but I would
have thought that a character map is the logical way of entering characters
which are not available on keyboards. By "absence of keyboard" I suppose
you mean something like a handheld mobile device. Even those devices can
support character maps although I'm not sure of whether such apps do exist.
(Given that the OS of most of these devices is locked out-of-the-box, one
is limited by the supplied fonts too.)

--
Shriramana Sharma