Re: Encoding localizable sentences (was: RE: UTC Document Register Now Public)

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:40:39 +0100 (BST)

On Monday 22 April 2013 I wrote:

> This will need first of all a new version of the font so as to have symbols for the localizable sentence markup bubble brackets and ten localizable digits for use solely within localizable sentence markup bubbles.

After sending that post I made the new version of the font.

It is available from a post in the High-Logic forum.

http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?p=18680#p18680

The ten localizable digits for use solely within localizable sentence markup bubbles are encoded from U+ED80 through to U+ED89 with Alt codes from Alt 60800 through to Alt 60809.

The localizable sentence markup bubble brackets are encoded at U+ED90 and U+ED91 with Alt codes of Alt 60816 and Alt 60817.



I have made the designs for the two localizable sentence markup bubble brackets deliberately not horizontal mirror images of each other in case that might cause problems if intermixing them within right to left scripts. I do not know enough of right to left scripts to know if there would be a problem, so I thought that I would seek to design the glyphs so as to avoid any problems that might arise.

William Overington